Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Accomplishment Feels Great

I've had a busy weekend.

Sunday, we met with yet another officiant. We've found one we love! Finally! We've decided to go with Elayne from A Wedding Expression. Her personality and professional philosophy is exactly what we've been looking for that we couldn't quite find. I'm delighted to be working with her on this.

Monday afternoon I met with yet another cake designer...and this time I absolutely loved what I saw both in pricing and in quality...plus our Tuesday date isn't a deal breaker for her! Alice from Alice's Piece Of Cake is who we've decided to go with for this. Her designs are absolutely beautiful, the cake was delicious, her daughter is adorable (and insists on saying "hi!" whenever possible :-))...plus she helped me work my way into our budget while still getting exactly what I want as far as designs and flavorings go. Our supremely chocolate cake is going to be fabulous and I'm going to feel a bit guilty eating it, but that's OK.

I'm so excited to have finally found some professionals who also have a personality. While I respect a strong professionalism, I feel that when it comes to weddings and other such celebrations that the professionals should have some personality to boot.

So there's my teensy bit of bragging. I stayed within my budget and got exactly what I wanted. If anyone in Central Ohio is looking for a great cake designer, Alice does all occasions, and I have to say to check her out!

Happily yours,
Tonee

No comments: