Friday, March 27, 2009

109 Days To Go

The caterer is the last major hurdle we need to tackle. The proposal I received was great, except for the price tag. It was almost double what we can afford. I'm going to try to trim things down, but I'm now officially terrified that this isn't going to work. We have to have food at the reception, and with the downright damned attitude to have the location we wanted, we have to use this caterer. There is no other venue.

I think, though, if I work with Nate to pin down a firmer budget, I can make this work. I've already found a way to cut almost $1000 from the proposal, for the simple fact that I didn't like the food in that selection. Now, I need to trim at least $1000 more while still having enough food for everyone *and* keeping within our budget...AND convincing Nate that I can do it all.

I hope I can do it all. I need to be able to figure this out, and I need to make this work.

I've officially found the downside to doing this ourselves without any financial help.

No comments: