Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More MetroParks Love

I've been kicking around an idea for a while, and I'm pulling the trigger.

I want to hike every single trail in every single Columbus MetroPark.

I thought of maybe doing it all within a year, but I have a kid to think about, so I'm going to call it a 5 year goal. This could get interesting considering one new park is partially open, another opens later this year, and they just bought land for yet another new park. Maybe I should call it a lifetime goal?

Either way, I'm going to have to figure out a way to track which trails I've done. Maybe I'll just keep a check list of all the trails and check them off one by one.

I'm not yet counting the Greenway Trail system. That's a goal for someone without a toddler.

So, there's my goal. I want to hike them all, with or without my kid strapped to me.

Let the adventure begin!

EDIT: I've added a page. I've listed every park and trail (with a few exceptions, explained there). I've also totaled up miles per park, and added a running tally at the bottom. Go me! I'll update that page as I complete trails or as new parks/trails open up.

No comments: