Friday, March 1, 2013

Flat Stanley Is On The Loose

A friend of mine is a teacher in Minnesota, and her class is doing a Flat Stanley project.

It's a project based on a children's story. In the story, Stanley gets smushed by a billboard and is flattened. His parents then fold him up and put him in an envelope to go visit a friend in California. The project has the kids create their own Flat Stanleys and send them out into the world as a way to learn geography, history, and a little bit about another place.

Since I live in the capital of Ohio, I felt it was my duty to host a Stanley. He showed up yesterday, and he is awesome. Today he visited my mom at the school bus compound, and he got a great view of the city skyline. Over the next week I have big plans for him to showcase some fun things in the city. I think that, in addition to emailing the pictures to my teacher friend, I'll share his adventure here, too. I'm thinking I might even frame him with my favorite picture from the adventure once all is said and done.

Stanley checking out the school buses

Stanley getting a great view of the skyline

No comments: