Friday, March 8, 2013

This & That


I've updated the MetroParks page. Yesterday we walked the Sweetgum Trail over at Walnut Woods, and I found out that the Buckeye Trail is now open. So, 2.6 miles checked off and 2 miles added to the list. I'm still trying to find out if Rocky Fork is officially open.

I realized that maybe I should start taking pictures from the trails, but then I also realized that I've typically got a 23lb toddler strapped to me while I'm hiking, so snapping pictures isn't always easy. I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll snap pictures from observation decks or of trailhead signs. Something.

We also took a trip out to the Ohio Statehouse earlier this week. Flat Stanley had a blast, and Addy acted indifferent except when she squealed at other people. Flat Stanley also saw the Dispatch building and the oldest church in the city. I created a twitter account for him, so if you feel like checking it out it's @CbusFlatStanley. I think I've only tweeted a couple of times from that account so far since I tend to take the Flat Stanley pictures with my camera, not my phone, but I'll work on that, too.

As of my last weigh-in, I have lost just shy of 15lbs. I have a weigh in later, but I don't know if I'll be able to blog later, so for now that's the number you all get.

Since I can't think of anything remotely relevant to say right now, here are a couple of pictures of Flat Stanley's adventures so far:
Outside of the Dispatch building

In front of the Statehouse

No comments: