Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where is Spring, exactly?

Today is March 20, the official start of Spring. Someone forgot to tell Ohio's weather.

It's currently 39 degrees fahrenheit at my house. This time last year, it was a record-breaking 84 degrees fahrenheit. I'd be perfectly content with a high temperature somewhere in between, say 55 or so right now.

Normally this time of year I can shut my heat off during the day to save power, I can sometimes even open a window. Instead I'm bundling myself and my kid up just to make it to the car.

I'm miserable in the cold. I want my Spring warmth. I want to put a big dent in the hiking goal, and I can't do that with the kid in tow when it's this cold.

Although, we did venture out yesterday. I knocked out 3 little trails down at Slate Run and found out that the Buckeye Trail in Walnut Woods still isn't open.

I also went over to Batelle Darby on Saturday and knocked out a trail over there. Yes, I also visited the Bison.

My weight loss has slowed down, and I have only myself to blame. I spent a week hiding from the cold and eating junk food. Fortunately I only set myself back a little bit. My ultimate goal is still very achievable in a healthy way. Despite the set back, I've noticed that my clothes aren't bursting at the seams to hold in my girth, so there has to be at least a little change happening.

On a related note, my poor kid is trapped in between clothing sizes. She's comfortably in 24m/2T shirts. However, she's all torso, so while 18m pants are the perfect length for her, they don't accommodate her belly. 24 month pants fit her belly, but are comedically long. I want shorts weather to show up so my kid doesn't need all of her clothes cuffed up at the bottom!

No comments: