Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2 Down...

As of Saturday, I have hiked all of the trails in 2 of the MetroParks. I've hiked them all in Inniswood Metro Gardens (a super-easy one, given) and now I've hiked them all in Three Creeks (another easy one).

I have one trail of less than 1.5 miles left to hike up at Blendon Woods, and one paved trail of about 2 miles to do at Walnut Woods and I will have those parks checked off the list.

There are still many, many miles to go, however. I'm so excited for consistently nice weather. The paved trails allow me to cheat at put the kid in the stroller, whereas putting her in the carrier lets me burn some extra calories. It's win-win.

I've been reading a lot again, and I'm grateful for every page. I just recently finished Stiff by Mary Roach, and The Midwife by Jennifer Worth. Next up, Bonk by Mary Roach and part 2 of Jennifer Worth's Memoirs.

I've also reactivated my account over on Find A Grave. I've already helped a couple of people track down stones for their research, and I'm hoping to get a lot more active with that now that the weather is nice and my kid walks. It's so much easier navigating a cemetery when your companion is capable of walking alongside you.

That's all I have today, a couple of quick, silly updates. If I ever have time again, I'll actually put together something of substance to share.

No comments: