Friday, May 1, 2009

Impatiently awaiting UPS

I have no patience for things to be delivered! I love getting mail and deliveries, so I get insanely excited when I check the UPS tracker, and it says it's on a truck for delivery to my home! I think what bugs me the most is that the UPS hub is literally a five minute drive from me, so I get really antsy wondering where on the route I am today. Usually, since we are so close to the hub, we're right at the end of the driver's route.

I'm so impatient! Today's delivery should be the manicure kits I ordered for myself and my girls, then by Wednesday I should have my undies that I ordered to go under my dress. By next Friday at the latest I should have the invites! As I was typing this, I got the shipping confirmation on the invites. Monday is when the RSVP cards should be printed, so those should be here by the 11th at the very latest. I'm so excited! Honestly, I love mail and deliveries, so I get very excited when I get things that aren't bills.

That's about it on the wedding front, actually. Well, other than something completely random and silly.

Our announcements, invites, and RSVP cards are all part of a matching personalized set offered by American Greetings. Originally the plan was to do our own design, but after pricing it out, this way was more cost effective and less time consuming for us. Well, part of the collection is also a set of thank you cards. I was considering matching the thank-yous to the rest of the wedding, and have since changed my mind.

Dan (soon to be father-in-law) has been cleaning out various things in his house that he doesn't want or need anymore. This has resulted in me getting several classic books that I've been wanting, some great old cookbooks, and $15 from half price books for the stuff we didn't want or need. Well, one of the items Dan found stored away was a large box of various stationary sets left behind by Nate's mom. Some of them are just obnoxiously cute, but most of them are very classic and make me smile. I now have an excuse to buy a new calligraphy set! I'm going to use the various sets to send my thank you cards. I'm so excited! Have I mentioned that I love sending mail almost as much as I love getting mail? I'm seriously thinking about just randomly mailing friends notes on the pretty sets...just because I can! Mwaha!

Which reminds me...I need more stamps!

That's all I have for now, wedding or otherwise.

No comments: